Making IT Eco-Friendly
The IT department is always looking for ways to improve what they deliver, but more increasingly there is the desire to do this in a way that also environmentally friendly. So as more companies look for ways to 'go green', many do not realise that re-aligning basic IT practices can help you become more environmentally friendly:
- Automating and streamlining business processes in all departments can reduce paper consumption by eliminating unnecessary paper trails and content storage cost
- Consolidate hardware as most PC and servers are under-used
- Using scripting or software to power down PCs when not in use
- More efficiently designed data centres can reduce energy costs
- Consider the latest developments in cloud and software as a service (SaaS), where software is hosted remotely, removing the need for excess capacity, beneficial both for the environment and your budget
Environmental issues can be complex and involved, but these simple steps offer both immediate cost savings and environmental benefits.
Innovise ESM can help you achieve fully automated processes across many business functions and deploy cost effective solutions.
So if you want to find out how you can make that first step towards Green IT please use our contact form or call us on 0844 264 1319.